GCSE English and GCSE English Literature
- English Language (100% external examination)
Students will be assessed on: writing for purpose and the analysis of unseen fiction and non-fiction texts.
Speaking and listening also remains a component of the course but is not weighted in the course result. Students will receive a Pass, Merit or Distinction for their presentations and this will validate their overall English Language result.
- English Literature (100% external examination)
Students will study ‘A Christmas Carol’ by Charles Dickens, ‘Macbeth’ by William Shakespeare, ‘An Inspector Calls’ by J.B. Priestley and a collection of poems (anthology and unseen).
We ask that parents purchase a copy of each of the texts in order to support their child in their study of literature. Purchases of the texts can be made from school.
- Exam board: AQA.
- Assessment by final GCSE examinations.
- No coursework or Controlled Assessments other than for the Spoken Language component which is a required additional assessment.
- No tiered papers.
- GCSE English grades 9 – 1
- GCSE English Literature grades 9 – 1
TEACHER TO SEE FOR GUIDANCE:
MISS C. APPLEBY Classroom A23